Now that you’ve found the perfect new home in Frisco, you want the interior to be a perfect reflection of your personality and lifestyle. Some people have the talent to do it themselves – the rest of us need help with part or all of the home decorating process.
Fortunately, most builders, including the ones building in Richwoods, can get you in contact with professional designers to help you personalize your new home and make your own selections of colors, finishes, materials and fixtures throughout. A new home lets you begin with a blank canvas and create your own living masterpiece that will reflect your individual style.
If you want professional assistance furnishing your new home after it’s completed, these tips will help you choose the right person:
• Decide if you need a decorator or a designer. If you’ve got a pretty good idea of what you want, and especially if you already have all or most of your furniture and just need some help with the details, a decorator can do the job. If you’re starting with little or no furnishings and want someone to handle everything, you may want to go with an interior designer who has formal education and is certified by the American Society of Interior Designers.
• Ask friends, family members and neighbors for recommendations. If possible, check out the person’s new home in Frisco to see if you like the work of the designer or decorator. The best referral question to ask is: Would you hire this person again?
• Check online portfolios and references. Most professional designers or decorators have websites you can browse. A general Google search of the name will tell you if any online reviews have been posted.
• Discuss budget and payment terms upfront. Be sure the decorator or designer is willing and able to work within your budget to give you what you want. Remember that fees are not always clear indicators of quality – the highest price will not necessarily mean the best result for your new home in Frisco.
• Interview several candidates before making your final choice. You want a decorator or designer who makes you feel comfortable and who is a good communicator who listens to your needs and concerns.